Wrongful Benefits Denial Lawyer
If you have been denied benefits under an employer-sponsored benefit plan, you have a right to appeal that decision. At Willeford & Toledano, our Louisiana attorneys have decades of experience helping clients receive benefits they need and deserve.
To discuss your legal options with a New Orleans-based attorney for wrongfully denied benefits, please contact us online.
Types Of Benefits
We represent employees in disputes and benefit denials in all types of employer benefits plans:
- Short-term and long-term disability plans
- Medical and dental insurance plans
- Life insurance plans
- Pension and 401(k) plans
- Other ERISA and non-ERISA plans
Accidental Death And Dismemberment Claim Denied?
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance claims are some of the most likely to be denied. Insurance companies typically argue that natural or other causes are responsible for a death or the loss of a limb. We fight back against insurance companies that wrongfully deny AD&D benefits to deserving individuals and their families.
Why Was My Benefits Claim Denied?
Employer-sponsored benefit plans are often administered by insurance companies that may have a financial incentive to deny claims for benefits. Here are reasons benefit claims may be denied:
- The insurance company may claim that you are not eligible.
- For disability benefits, an insurance company’s doctor may claim that you can perform your job duties even though your treating physician has confirmed that you cannot.
- For life insurance benefits, the insurance company may claim that you didn’t pay premiums or that death was due to suicide.
- Pension plans may miscalculate your benefit and pay you less than you deserve.
Our attorneys will conduct a preliminary review of your case to determine why your benefits claim was denied and whether we think that decision can be successfully appealed. We accept benefit claim appeals on a contingency fee basis. We also offer clients the option to retain us on an hourly basis. The initial review of your claim is free.
We are experienced in appealing denied claims in employee benefit plans covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), as well as non-ERISA plans. If your application for benefits has been denied, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. You may have a limited time to appeal the decision.
Contact Us: Wrongfully Denied Insurance Claim Attorneys
Please contact our New Orleans wrongful benefits denial attorneys today for a free consultation. We are available to discuss your complex situation at 504-322-1488 or toll free at 877-281-4789.
Se habla español. We also provide interpreters for other languages, as needed.